- NO COST. The Futures Fantasy Baseball Game is FREE to play
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants must be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. The Futures Fantasy Baseball Game, (the "Game"), is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of MiLB™, and its players, teams and properties, the NAPBL Entities (as defined in Section 7 below), the MLB Entities (as defined in Section 7 below), Baseball America Enterprises LLC, Sports Enthusiast Media LLC, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives' employees, advertising or promotion agencies (collectively the "Game Entities") are not eligible to win any prizes, nor are members of Game Entities' families or households. Sports Enthusiast Media LLC, dba Head2Head Sports is the "Game Administrator." Baseball America Enterprises, LLC, is the sponsor of the Game ("Sponsor"). By entering the Game, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these official rules (the "Official Rules"). The Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By entering the Game, participants agree to provide certain personally identifiable information to the Game Administrator, the Sponsor, and MiLB™, which shall become the property of the Sponsor.
- HOW TO ENTER. Baseball America Enterprises, LLC, will conduct a Game in tandem with the 2018 MiLB™ season (the "Season"). The Game begins April 5, 2018 at 4 PM ET/1 PM PT and ends September 2, 2018 (the "Game Period"). To enter, visit futuresfantasybaseball.com, locate the "Sign-up Now" button, and follow the directions on how to register to play online. Participants can enter at any time during the Game Period. All online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) who is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Limit of four entries (i) per person (regardless of the number of email addresses or registered member accounts), or (ii) per email address (regardless of whether more than one person uses the same email address).
HOW TO PLAY. The Game Administrator and the Sponsor will conduct a Game in conjunction with the MiLB™ regular season, using the website www.futuresfantasybaseball.com. The Game will encourage participants to predict the top performing Minor League Baseball™ players (AA™ and AAA™ teams) each week (Monday-Sunday). Game play will begin on Thursday, April 5, 2018 and will end on Sunday, September 2, 2018. In addition to scoring points each week, the Game will be parsed out into the following monthly segments:
- April – April 5th - April 29th
- May – April 30th - May 27th
- June – May 28th - June 24th
- July – June 25th - July 29th
- August – July 30th - September 2nd
Participants may choose to join a private league consisting of participants who elect to be placed in a league determined by the participants ("Private League"). Standings generate each night after the last game, with the final official standings generating each Sunday night. Private League standings will also reflect each team's relative standing within that league each week.
- Selecting Your Team. Each week throughout the Game, Participant will be required to choose a team of ten players, comprising of one player from each of ten groups of ten players (each a "Group"). A completed roster will consist of 1 Pitcher, 1 Catcher, 1 First Baseman, 1 Second Baseman, 1 Third Baseman, 1 Shortstop, 3 Outfielders and 1 Utility Player (any offensive position; no pitchers). Once Participant has selected his/her roster, such roster will NOT carry over from week to week. If Participant does not set up a lineup in a given week he/she will score zero points. Note: Player groupings are updated on Fridays. The list will not change if certain players are called up to a Major League team, or demoted to a Single A affiliate, after the list is posted on the site.
- Team Selection Deadline. Participant must make their weekly selections by 7 pm ET/4 pm PT on Monday each week. The selections will be made available starting on Friday afternoon for the following week. Players who begin play before the final deadline will lock at their game time on Mondays.
- Week 1 Deadline. For the first week of the 2018 season, roster selections must be completed by 7 pm ET/4 pm PT on Thursday, April 5, 2018 to be eligible for scoring for that week. Players who begin play before the final will lock at their game time on Thursday.
Point Values. Each team will earn points based upon the Head2Head Scoring system (see below), earned by the players on Participant's Roster for that week. At the end of each monthly segment, your lowest score from that segment will be dropped from your total points. Note: If a player's game is rained out, the player's points will count in the period that the game is completed.
Scoring system for pitchers:
Win = +5
K = +1
BB = -1
Hit batter = -1
No Hitter = +25
Earned Runs Allowed:
0-1 Runs = +3
2-3 Runs = +2
4-5 Runs = +1
6 or more Runs = 0
Scoring system for batters:
Home Run = +4
Triple = +3
Double = +2
Single = +1
Run Scored = +1
RBI = +1
Stolen Base = +1
Caught Stealing = -1
Base on Balls = +1
Hit by Pitch = +1
Sacrifice = +1
- TIES. Should a tie exist between two (2) or more entrants eligible for the weekly prizes, the winner will be the entrant who has the highest score in Group #1 (Pitchers). If a tie persists, the winner will be the team with the highest score in Player Group #2 (Catchers). Persisting tiebreakers will continue using Player Group #3 (1st Baseman), Player Group #4 (2nd Baseman), and so on. If a tie continues to persist, all remaining entrants will receive the weekly prize. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
- Weekly Prize (the "Weekly Prize") determined by the highest score from all participants. Each week, all participants will be ranked from highest to lowest based on their performance scores from that week. Each week's first place finisher (1st) (for a total of twenty-two (22) Weekly Prize winners over the course of the Game) will receive: UnderArmour Baseball America apparel with an Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of $42.99. The Total ARV of all Weekly Prizes: $945.78.
- Monthly Prize (the "Monthly Prize") is determined by the highest score from all participants for each monthly segment during the Game Period. Each monthly segment's top finisher (for a total of five (5) Monthly Prize winners over the course of the Game) will receive: UnderArmour Baseball America apparel with an Approximate Retail Value of One Hundred Dollars ($100) for a Total ARV of Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00).
- Grand Prize (the "Grand Prize") is determined by a random drawing from all weekly winners (highest score from all participants in a given week), from all twenty-two (22) weeks of the game. The winner will receive a trip for two (2) people to the 2018 MLB Winter Meetings on Dec 10-12th in Las Vegas, NV, provided by Baseball America Enterprises, LLC. ARV of the Grand Prize is Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00).
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS. By entering the Game, participants grant Sponsors and its designees the right, without obligation, to use their names, roster names, city and state of residence, score, ranking, voice, pictures and likeness, without compensation, for the purpose of executing the Game and also for the purposes of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of Sponsors and all matters related to the Game in any manner or medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity, unless prohibited by law. Game Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility for, and participants agree to hold the Game Entities harmless against, liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to participation in the Game or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded, (including, without limitation, any travel or activity related thereto). The "NAPBL Entities" shall mean National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues, Inc. ("NAPBL"), each NAPBL Club, each NAPBL League, Professional Baseball Promotion Corporation, Professional Baseball Umpire Corp., Baseball Internet Rights Company LLC, BIRCO Holding Company LLC, MiLB Enterprises LLC, MiLB Enterprise Holdings LLC, Minor League Baseball Charities, and each of their subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the NAPBL and the NAPBL clubs and leagues, and all officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, and members of those entities. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), MLB Advanced Media, L.P., Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
- Winners will be required to sign affidavits of eligibility, liability releases and, except where prohibited by law, releases granting Sponsors the right to use their names, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the services of Sponsor and all matters related to the Game. If requested, winners will be required to execute these documents and return them within ten (10) days. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected at the Sponsors' and/or Game Administrator's discretion. In the event any winner declines his or her prize or fails to return completed releases, except where prohibited by law, Sponsor and/or Game Administrator may elect, at their own discretion, to select an alternate winner.
- Winners, by acceptance of the prizes, agree to release Game Entities from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property, which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity.
- Game Entities and their employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsors that may cause the Game to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Game; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Game.
- If technical difficulties of any kind compromise the integrity or ability to continue online entry, Sponsors and/or Game Administrator reserve the right to modify or terminate online entry. If the Season is delayed, extended, interrupted, canceled or shortened for any reason, the Game may be postponed, extended, shortened or terminated at the sole discretion of Sponsors. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsors' control which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Game, Sponsors or Game Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Game. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors and/or Game Administrator reserve the right to award prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. Where the Game has been canceled prior to stated expiration date, notice will be posted at www.futuresfantasybaseball.com.
- CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant, Sponsors or Game Administrator, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Arizona, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Arizona. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or a winners' list (winners' list available after September 3, 2018), visit www.futuresfantasybaseball.com or send a request and self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of Vermont may omit return postage) to the following address by September 3, 2018 for Official Rules, and by October 3, 2018 for Winners' List (please specify "Rules" or "Winners"): Futures Fantasy Baseball Game, 4727 E. Bell Rd., Suite 45-328, Phoenix, AZ 85032.
Sponsor: Baseball America Enterprises, LLC
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies' products and services does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Game by such companies.